Software Development Engineer
New York, Seattle
Want to work on brand new initiative within Sponsored Brands Adv team? Want to work on Ad Server that serves billions of ad requests across multiple channels and formats and power a multi-billion dollar advertising product?
Amazon Brand Adv. and Shopping Exp (BASE) is on a mission to make Amazon the best in class destination for shoppers to discover, engage and build affinity with brands, making shopping beautiful, delightful, & personal. Our Team - Sponsored Brands (SB) - owns an auction based, keyword targeted, mid funnel advertising product designed for brand owners. Our team builds and manages systems with extreme high performance and availability. In doing so, we deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily, but are only just getting started.
We are looking for a senior SDE who is excited about being part of new initiative and not afraid to dive deep and define product technical strategy and architecture. In this role you will work with business partners to design, implement and launch new ad solutions based on business objectives and timelines. You will be responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. The right candidate will possess strong technical skills, can dive deep with demonstrated experience leading medium to large distributed services, and will want to have a lasting impact in the Advertising space. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This is a unique opportunity to stand at the intersection of e-commerce, advertising and state-of-the-art ML techniques.
In Software Development Engineer role, you will:
- Develop highly scalable service to process millions of requests per day and solve complex software systems problems by leverage state-of-the-art technology
- Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture
- Evaluate and make decisions about the use of new or existing software products and tools. Apply big data technologies (Spark, PySpark, Hadoop, MapReduce, etc) to process large impression log
- Have unique exposure to technologies used in search / advertising / E-commerce platforms Work closely with our data-science and product managers to design experiments with machine learning / deep learning techniques to improve predictive models and infrastructure and implement end-to-end solutions
- Establish the best processes and drive improvements in design, development and operations
- Mentor and guide junior engineers on design, coding, troubleshooting and operational excellence
- Be a member of the Amazon-wide Software Development Community, participating in internal and external MeetUps, Hackathons and Conferences
Send MIke Washington a chat request
Receive Response on FitFind out if you’re a fit for this role right away. If it is a possible fit, you’ll be able to start chatting with the recruiter to learn more. If it’s not a fit, you’ll get personalized feedback.
Recruiter will respond in 1-2 days
Start Messaging if Accepted
Chat asynchronously or in real-time