Data Science Manager
- Radiology Partners is the largest and fastest growing on-site radiology practice in the US. We are an innovative practice focused on transforming how radiologists provide consistently exceptional services to hospitals, imaging centers, referring physicians and patients. With our state-of-the art clinical technology, specialized expertise, access to capital, and retention of top physician talent, Radiology Partners reliably exceeds the expectations of our clients, patients, and partners. We serve our clients with an operational focus, and, above all, a commitment to quality patient care. Our mission is to Transform Radiology.
- The Data Scientist Manager is expected to contribute at a Level 3 (or Principal) Individual Contributor skill-level within the Data Science and Analytics domain space as well as to mentor and have direct oversight responsibilities for a small number of teammates. The Data Scientist Manager focuses on creating and implementing solutions that provide analytical insight from structured and unstructured data sets for clinical analysis and AI applications as a means to support executive-level practice decision-making and to enable process and clinical improvements. This position reports to the Director of Data Science and Clinical Analytics and works within an innovative and collaborative department of IT that supports clinical research, AI solution and application development, and deployment of these solutions within our Practice of over 2,500 physicians.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Discover business narratives told by the data and present them to other scientists, business stakeholders, and managers at various levels.
- Perform data exploration and data mining and apply statistical/ML models using database, and/or general programming languages/tools.
- Receive clinical initiative project requests and create high-level solution designs to enable better business outcomes.
- Develop insightful solution prototypes, experiment design, and/or project plans to establish proof of concept for clinical and business stakeholders.
- Supply context for business intelligence, dashboards, visualizations, and/or other advanced analytics reports to adequately tell the business narrative and offer recommendations that are actionable and have material impact.
- Collaborate with other RP IT teams to facilitate multi-team project execution and solution deployment.
- Conduct research, design, implementation, and validation of cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse data as a means to achieve clinical initiatives and support practice objectives.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and direct oversight to junior teammates, modeling effective working relationships and solution-building that demonstrate RP Practice values.
DESIRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Applied Math, or other quantitative fields. Master’s Degree or PhD is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in quantitative analysis & data science or a related practically-applicable academic field.
- Minimum 4 years of mentoring/people management experience.
- A leader with confidence to lead both up and down and thrive in a ‘flat team’ concept environment.
- Exemplary critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a goal-oriented vision and mindset.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques, approaches, and algorithms.
- Ability to explore complex data sets and extract value from them.
- Ability to thrive in collaborative and independent work environments, where familiarity with Agile development cycles is preferred.
- Proficiency in using query languages to explore and pull data from RDBSM and NoSQL data bases.
- Experience with data Visualization tools such as Tableau, matplotlib, Grafana, etc.
- Ability to independently learn and support existing products.
- Comfortable interacting with business peers to understand and identify use cases and able to articulate solutions.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is desirable, but not required.
Radiology Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in creating and celebrating a culture of belonging and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all teammates.
CCPA Notice: When you submit a job application or resume, you are providing the Practice with the following categories of personal information that the Practice will use for the purpose of evaluating your candidacy for employment: (1) Personal Identifiers; and (2) Education and Employment History.
Send Kelly Denney a chat request
Receive Response on FitFind out if you’re a fit for this role right away. If it is a possible fit, you’ll be able to start chatting with the recruiter to learn more. If it’s not a fit, you’ll get personalized feedback.
Recruiter will respond in 1-2 days
Start Messaging if Accepted
Chat asynchronously or in real-time