The XOi Analytics team is a passionate group of engineers and data scientists working together to discover insights for our customers. We leverage state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to provide our users unique insights and assistance to the problems they face in their workplace. The problems we solve include things like computer vision, natural language processing and content recommendation.
As a Data Engineer on the Analytics team, you will build and data tools and pipelines to curate and organize XOi’s data. Data is our most valued asset and in this position you will be a key contributor to the team. Our primary back-end systems are written in Python and run in AWS Lambdas and we develop our APIs with GraphQL. The ideal candidate is someone who is highly driven to exceed benchmarks for service quality and is able to work independently with little supervision. We look for you to have excellent organization and problem-solving skills and work well with others.
- Solve fun and interesting problems
- Create Robust and reliable Data Pipelines
- Design and implement advanced distributed data tracking and processing systems
- Interact with Data Scientists and Product managers to help understand and document data needs
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience Deep understanding of Python
- 2+ years of experience writing and maintaining data pipelines or products
- 1+ years of demonstrated experience building and deploying applications or services in a cloud infrastructure environment..
- Experience with both statically and dynamically typed programming languages and a solid understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of both paradigms.
- Good understanding of REST-based services and service-based architecture.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with CI/CD development and organizational practices.
- Experience with AWS Lambda and DynamoBD
- Experience with common architectural patterns and frameworks for mobile application development.
You Are Someone Who:
- Loves to solve difficult and interesting problems.
- Has a passion for code quality and craftsmanship but can balance that with shipping code.
- Views your profession as your craft and continuously pursues excellence in your work.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Collaborates effectively across various teams, coordinating regularly to set and manage expectations.
Send Kristin McKinney a chat request
Receive Response on FitFind out if you’re a fit for this role right away. If it is a possible fit, you’ll be able to start chatting with the recruiter to learn more. If it’s not a fit, you’ll get personalized feedback.
Recruiter will respond in 1-2 days
Start Messaging if Accepted
Chat asynchronously or in real-time