You would like to work with enthusiastic and experienced Software Engineers in an agile, international environment with a modern tech-stack (#Functionalprogramming, #GraphQL, #Scala)? Are you thrilled by getting your hands on one of the most innovative, modern eCommerce platforms the world has seen? Your heart beats Scala, you breath functional programming, you dream about solving complex problems? On top you work with passion, love clean code and like to understand the big picture? Sounds like commercetools is the perfect match! Modern E-Commerce solutions, built for high availability!
Must be able to work EST hours
- Design and implement our PaaS eCommerce backend in Scala as well as our core infrastructure components like database mappings and web service APIs for high availability e-commerce
- Analyse product requirements and discuss technical approaches
- Test software components regarding usability, functionality and performance and work closely with Product Management and DevOps
- Taking part in on-call rotation (with the worldwide distributed team) for production systems
##SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience/qualification and at least 4 years experience as Software Engineer + applied work experience in Scala
- Strong communication for work in international teams
- Deep insights in functional programming and practical work experience with Scala and in developing server-side systems using the JVM
- Solid understanding of parallel and asynchronous programming as well as non-blocking I/O
- Experience in developing REST APIs and knowledge of scalable architectures (incl. sharding, replication, load balancing and fail over)
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies, concepts, etc.
- Great team player & nice colleague who enjoys our working & company culture
##WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% coverage of the employees health care, vision and dental insurance
- Company contribution towards dependent coverage
- 401k (retirement savings)
- Maternity/paternity leave
- PTO and Company Holidays
- Some pre-tax benefits through the PEO
- Great team of highly qualified and motivated team members who work with a mutual respect and appreciation, take responsibility and evolve together
##AND THERE’S MORE
- You will be involved in challenging and meaningful projects in a company with over 10 years of history
- You will be working with one of the technology leaders in the growing e-commerce business
- We are a growing, international company with offices in Berlin, Munich, London, Amsterdam, Singapore, and Durham Modern workplaces and technology (e.g. MacBooks) in bright offices (open-plan spaces as well as conference rooms and smaller rooms for quiet times)
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- Collegial, open working atmosphere where your creativity and new ideas are encouraged
- Healthy feedback and error culture and a climate of mutual appreciation and respect.
- Free coffee, tea, and snacks.
- Do you have a dog? We're a dog friendly office.
Send Lidiya Dzhumayeva a chat request
Receive Response on FitFind out if you’re a fit for this role right away. If it is a possible fit, you’ll be able to start chatting with the recruiter to learn more. If it’s not a fit, you’ll get personalized feedback.
Recruiter will respond in 1-2 days
Start Messaging if Accepted
Chat asynchronously or in real-time