Manager, Product Analytics Engineering
Peloton is seeking a Manager, Product Analytics Engineering to build and grow a data engineering pod within the Product Development Team responsible for Peloton Bike, Tread, as well as Digital and TV Apps. Product Analytics Engineering is a partner function for the Product Analytics team focused on helping its stakeholders discover and measure opportunities for improving user experience, and connecting the dots between product decisions and business outcomes.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL COVER FOLLOWING AREAS:
*Data Product Management and Operations:
- Act as a functional custodian of the software/hardware product interaction data
- Synthesise inputs from product analytics engineers, the centralized data team, and cross-functional stakeholders to build out the product analytics engineering team roadmap and long-term scaling strategy
- Own relationships with key vendors within product analytics / product analytics engineering tech stack
- Represent product analytics team in cross-departmental vendor assessments and buy/build decision making processes
- Act as the GDPR/CCPA/other data collections privacy laws expert within the product development team *Data Modeling:
- Contribute to the team’s body of work, assisting with data models and automation jobs of higher complexity
- Oversee business-facing documentation related to key models and key metrics’ calculation *Leadership:
- Effectively coach and empower analytics engineers when it comes to data modeling, ETL, and automation best practices; identify appropriate learning opportunities and resources for skill development from coding and tool-specific skills to product and process management
- Conduct code reviews and assist engineers with debugging and optimization, as needed
- Refine team processes, while championing lean and proactive approach, as well as building strong relationships with customers (product analysts)
- Have 4+ years of experience as an analytics engineer / data engineer working closely with a functional analytics team
- Have 2+ years of experience managing and developing individual contributors and are interested in remaining on a people leadership path
- Either through hands on experience or through close collaboration have built deep understanding of data analyst/data scientist workflows, can anticipate the level of complexity and asses speed vs. precision tradeoffs for common project types
- Have high level of proficiency in data modeling using SQL and Python, have done hands on modeling recently and don’t mind regularly ‘getting your hands dirty’ with the data alongside your strategic and leadership duties
- Have a strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and ETL. Hands on experience with AWS ecosystem is a plus
- Have experience with pipeline management technologies with dependency checking (e.g. Airflow, dbt), schema design, and dimensional data modeling
- Have hands on experience with data lakes and/or distributed streaming platforms and their use cases for user interaction data collection and enrichment
- Are intimately familiar with event-based data collection principles and related software tools/CDPs (e.g. Segment, Amplitude, Mixpanel, custom in-house built solutions), have experience investigating all ins and outs of the tracking SDK instrumentation on different software platforms and of downstream integrations with product analytics and marketing tools
- Have a good understanding of the vendor landscape when it comes to data analysis and machine learning platforms and tools, such as Looker, Mode, Databricks, SageMaker etc.
- Are experienced in conducting cross-functional vendor evaluation, request for proposal (RFP) and proof of concept (POC) processes
- Can influence without authority and effectively advocate for your team’s needs, while taking into account cross-functional trade offs, product experience, and cost implications
AS A BONUS:
- Previous experience working on or with a product analytics team (as an analyst, data scientist, data engineer) on a B2C software product
- Some experience with software performance and quality measurement platforms (e.g. DataDog, New Relic, BugSnag etc.) Understanding of GDPR/CCPA implications for product data collection and downstream usage
- Strong interest in data visualization, dashboard design
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike, Tread, Digital and TV App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
Send Rachel Choi a chat request
Receive Response on FitFind out if you’re a fit for this role right away. If it is a possible fit, you’ll be able to start chatting with the recruiter to learn more. If it’s not a fit, you’ll get personalized feedback.
Recruiter will respond in 1-2 days
Start Messaging if Accepted
Chat asynchronously or in real-time