Everyone deserves access to financial peace of mind. Our team is on a mission to change the credit landscape through simple, inclusive, and transparent financial products. Our all-in-one app provides underserved consumers with an easy way to buy now, pay later, and build credit. Some things we're excited about:
- With average credit scores increases of 30+ points, we're making a meaningful impact
- Serving 3+ million members
- Backed by world-class venture capital
- Ranked the 5th fastest-growing company in the country by INC Magazine (2019)
We are searching for a Data Engineer who is a quantitative, critical thinker with a passion for data and the capacity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for an individual who desires experience in serving data-driven solutions at scale, crossing multiple functional areas and driving organizational efficiency. Applicants should be highly motivated and comfortable with taking on and adapting to a diverse array of subject matter. This opportunity is both unique and pivotal, as it provides the chance to contribute greatly to a rapidly-growing team.
- Analyze and resolve complex challenges around data and tools. - Optimize analytical workflows by identifying opportunities and automating them
- Implement solutions to bring together application data generated by distributed systems, third-party data, and real-time user data needed to make key business decisions
- Work within the Data Science team to serve machine learning solutions at scale
- Work on projects of growing responsibility, both individually and as part of a team, to build experience and skills at a pace matched to your shown ability
- Learn more about the industry and Perpay, establishing a solid foundation to be better positioned for long-term career success
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
- Minimum two years work experience in related field required
- Working knowledge of data design, architecture and warehousing
- Understanding of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and cloud computing
- Understanding and administration of AWS, Docker and Linux-based systems
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience in large scale data processing using traditional and distributed systems like Hadoop, Spark, Dataflow, and Airflow.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL/NoSQL, relational databases and Python is required (2+ years experience)
- Knowledge and practical experience in machine learning and AI fundamentals
- Experience implementing machine learning solutions at scale
- Experience working with both Batch and Real Time data processing systems
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Effective project management, problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work with one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- 401k with Company Match
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Gym + Public Transportation Subsidy
- Student Loan Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- Unlimited PTO
- We just moved into our brand new home at 2400 Market Street in Philadelphia’s vibrant Fitler Square neighborhood. Our new office incorporates all the best aspects of our first home (espresso bar, full kitchen, work/lounge space) in a riverfront setting with iconic Philadelphia Art Museum views.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We don’t work with recruiters - please contact us or apply directly.
Send Rob King a chat request
Receive Response on FitFind out if you’re a fit for this role right away. If it is a possible fit, you’ll be able to start chatting with the recruiter to learn more. If it’s not a fit, you’ll get personalized feedback.
Recruiter will respond in 1-2 days
Start Messaging if Accepted
Chat asynchronously or in real-time