Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Houston
Imagine working at a supportive, growing, dynamic company where you have the opportunity to be the architect of our next generation data platform that serves as the basis for solutions that drive efficiency, enable client success, and generate revenue for the firm. Imagine working on a growing technology and data team dedicated to the success of Vorys eControl, which includes an Analytics team, a data science team, as well a highly skilled development team with a history of 15+ years of successful custom applications which have helped the firm receive a number of accolades for innovation in technology. Imagine working in an environment where you can impact platform, tooling, and technology path, while having access to the newest Cloud technologies. We're a 110 year old law firm with a modern feel and approach. Are you ready for your next challenge? If so, Vorys eControl would like to talk to you about joining our team!
Vorys eControl provides integrated solutions to help brand control the sales of their products in the age of eCommerce. We have represented more than 300 brands, including many of the world’s largest companies. Vorys eControl’s full scope of services allows us to provide a truly comprehensive approach that delivers unique business value. We are looking for an experienced Data Architect to join our technical team. This role is responsible for the successful architecture for a large data warehouse, and will work closely with the business, our product team, and the technical staff to ensure alignment to goals and objectives. This individual should have demonstrated experience architecting large-scale, performant data architectures with longevity and future growth in mind. Top-tier cloud platforms will be utilized, and the individual in this role has the ability to influence platform decisions and capability acquisitions.
- Conceptualize, design, deploy, and maintain data architecture that sets our business and clients up for success.
- Architect and design the intake of new data sources, facilitating themselves or directing the intake of those data sources with staff or contract Data Developers
- Work closely with business, product, and technology teams to develop warehouse platform vision, strategy, and roadmap as well as ensure alignment of vision to business objectives
- Influence and deploy next-generation and cutting-edge data platforms and technologies to drive success of the warehouse
- Architect a data warehouse that is stable performant for a growing Analytics and BI team, taking into account data growth and a growing sophistication in data science.
- Successfully inform and influence the balance of cost vs performance vs business benefit in the data warehouse
- Develop patterns for (and where appropriate, implement) ETL and ELT processes as required to support business needs
- Assist in the preparation of data maps and data flow diagrams as required to meet regulatory compliance
- Enforce architectural constraints to promote system integrity and high performance operation
- Enable science by studying, mining, analyzing, and creatively addressing the data warehouse. Share findings with Analytics and Data Science teams to further understanding and collective knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated success leading data architecture efforts on large-scale production big data/data warehouse solutions.
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated success with the Microsoft Azure Cloud computing platform and services, Azure SQL, Azure Data Warehouse/Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated success designing high performance dimensional modeling schemas to support Analytics and Data Science.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated success architecting performant large-scale (>1 TB) big data/data warehouse solutions
- Experience and demonstrated success enabling performant PowerBI or Tableau analytics from large-scale big data/data warehouse(s).
- Experience with machine learning and predictive modeling.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, evaluate and adopt new technologies as they become available.
- Demonstrated ability to develop patterns and practices for use by data and development teams.
- Experience with extremely large scale big data/data warehouses (>4 TB) and MPP experience a plus.
Education and Industry Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related technology discipline or combination of equivalent education and experience
- 7 - 10 years of experience in data architecture, data modeling, data warehousing, and/or big data.
- Experience in eCommerce or retail a plus.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Send Matt Phillips a chat request
Receive Response on FitFind out if you’re a fit for this role right away. If it is a possible fit, you’ll be able to start chatting with the recruiter to learn more. If it’s not a fit, you’ll get personalized feedback.
Recruiter will respond in 1-2 days
Start Messaging if Accepted
Chat asynchronously or in real-time